As celebrities such as Kerry Katona and Chrissy Teigen flaunt their newly acquired bodies, thousands of men and women around the world queue up outside the liposuction clinics, searching for the best plastic surgeons in the world.Liposuction, also referred to as “lipo” is a type of cosmetic surgery that reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours.Before you succumb to this fad, you should know a few facts about Liposuction.
1. You can get Liposuction anywhere on your body Though traditionally performed on hips, belly, thighs, buttocks, it can be done anywhere on your body. The most frequently treated areas for women are the abdomen, breasts, hips, outer thighs, front of thighs, inside of thighs, around the knees, upper arms, buttocks, cheeks, armpits, and neck. Men comprise about 15% to 25% of liposuction candidates, and frequently seek the reduction of fat in the chin and neck area, abdomen, flanks, and breasts. fat removal Liposuction cost in Bangalore is affordable.
2. Yes, Liposuction permanently removes fat During Liposuction, fat cells are removed permanently. While fat regrowth does not usually occur in the treated area, the body constantly redistributes fat and hence, if the individual does not follow a healthy exercise and diet regimen, he or she may regain the weight or lose the contours.
3. Recovery is GradualLiposuction often leaves swelling and inflammation in the area treated, and it could be a couple of months before you have the desired results. While you can return to day to day activities immediately, the bruising, swelling and soreness take a few weeks to subside.
4. Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists Perform Most LiposuctionsThe web is full of doctors and beauty centers offer liposuction services. It is pertinent to ask for training certifications and scientific affiliations before finalizing a provider. Don’t be shy about getting a second option or asking the right questions about the process and expertise.
5. Liposuction is not for the overweight or obese Liposuction is not an alternative to losing weight. Instead, it should be considered as re-shaping surgery and should be used to reduce spot or stubborn fat, where diet and exercise do not reach. In fact, large volume liposuction can lead to an increase in the risk of serious surgical complications. Moreover, studies have linked the removal of more than 11 pounds or 5 Litres of fat with fluid imbalance and death.
6. Make an informed decision once you’ve decided on getting a liposuction, the next important decision to make is where to get it done. Untrained hands and improper removal may cause the skin to appear bumpy or withered. This is, unfortunately, the most common complication of the liposuction procedure, and sadly it is also permanent. Less common complications include fluid accumulation under the skin, temporary or permanent numbness, skin infection. One of the rare but fatal complications of Liposuction is fat embolism, where a piece of loosened fat might travel to the lungs or brain, resulting in fatal consequences.
Liposuction surgery costs generally between Rs 60 thousand and Rs. 1.20 Lakh per treatment area, and depending upon the hospital or ambulatory surgical center fees, anesthesia, and other expenses etc.
When determining the cost of treatment, there are a number of considerations to take into account. These include:
While cost is obviously an important consideration when it comes to liposuction, but we should keep in mind this is not the only factor and other factors should also be taken into consideration as well. Patients should keep health and satisfaction as their top priorities. Choosing an inexperienced doctor to save money could cost far more in the long run. Always do a research on your side, evaluate the alternatives and then go for the final call.